How to recognise common human behaviour and work with it in the language class
Dla kogo jest szkolenie?
- Nauczyciele j. angielskiego w klasach 4–8 szkoły podstawowej
- Nauczyciele j. angielskiego w gimnazjum
- Nauczyciele j. angielskiego w szkołach ponadgimnazjalnych
- Lektorzy j. angielskiego w prywatnych szkołach językowych
We teachers are often puzzled and disappointed when a meticulously-planned lesson doesn’t work out. The world over we find learners who are inquisitive but easily distracted, competitive yet lacking in self-control, needing to be part of a group while also needing to show individuality. How do these affect learning and classroom behaviour? And how can teachers embrace these human foibles?
Czego nauczysz się na szkoleniu?
- Why don’t students always behave in class as we would wish?
- How can this impact on even a well-planned lesson?
- What is the psychology behind some of this behaviour?
- How can teachers effectively manage challenging student behaviour?
- Which activities can actually help to make the most of these behavioural characteristics?
- Are teachers human too?
Very often learners do not react the way the teacher envisaged when planning a lesson. Whether it is a case of learners not having done their homework, texting under the desk, being unwilling to speak or just refusing to co-operate, this can lead to great frustration for the teacher and obstructions to learning for students. If you are feeling that frustration and sometimes think that you are ‘fighting a losing battle’, come along and see if you can get a new perspective on the reasons for this behaviour and what you can do about it. Go into your upcoming classes with more understanding and empathy but also with some new tricks and activities to work with these common human foibles.
19:30 – 20:40
część 1 (60 minut)
Webinarium Teaching Humans
20:30 – 20:40
część 2 (10 minut)
Prezentacja oferty szkoleń Instytutu Rozwoju Nauczycieli mED oraz Norwich Institute for Language Education
Johanna is responsible for coordinating and developing all academic aspects of ELT methodology online courses delivered by Norwich Institute for Language Education…